Saturday, January 9, 2016

FNwF

Hello!

I just sat down to sew some more but remembered its Saturday and I needed to post for FNwF.  Please click HERE to follow the links to see what everyone has been working on.  Thank you Cheryll for hosting



Friday afternoon I went to a friends house and she helped me pin this quilt for my great nephew who was born earlier this week.  My sister (grandma) wanted me to do something sporty.  I also pinned a quilt a quilt for my daughter.  I hope to quilt the one here on Sunday.


I also am working on  Mystery 2015.  I completed the first eleven months and the twelfth month is as much work as all the previous months together!  Right now I'm adding a red a white three patch to two of the sides of a nine patch.  The squares end up to be bigger the a 25 patch in the end and I think it will be queen sized.  I hope to have it finished by next FNwF....



I'll stop by tomorrow (Sunday in the US) for a visit while working on laundry.
Looking forward to seeing all the great projects!

Danette

16 comments:

kiwikid said...

Great sporting quilt....looks like a lot of work on the second quilt there...looking forward to seeing it together.

Needled Mom said...

That mystery looks very interesting. The pinned quilt is fabulous.

Maria said...

You did well for FnwFs Danette...
The Mystery quilt looks great.

Jeanette said...

Love the quilt. The mystery one looks interesting. Hugs, xx

Helen said...

Your mystery quilt is looking great and your sporty quilt fantastic !!

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

What an adorable sporty baby quilt! I look forward to see what the mystery turns out to be. I rarely participate in mystery projects, because I was not happy with one I did once. Quilts are too expensive and too much effort to not be happy with the final product. :0)

Anonymous said...

Hi Danette I love your quilt,well done my friend xx

Nanette said...

Your sporty quilt is great. Look forward to seeing your finished mystery project.

Narelle said...

Congratulations Great Aunty :o)
Well done on pinning two quilts ... looking great!

Michelle said...

Hey there! Looks like you've been busy. That's a great sporty quilt. Like the color choices. Not sure what the Mystery 2015 is, missed that one I guess. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like. :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

You did really well. Congrats on the new family member x

Anthea said...

Hi Danette, so good to see your name pop up in blogland!
Lovely quilt-making, the sporty one is so fun, love the b&w blocks in there... xx

Susan said...

You got such a lot done - those 9 patches look very organised - lovely colours.

Linda in Calif. said...

I really like your sports quilt - really cute. Good luck getting your other quilt pieced.

Josie said...

Danette... your workstation for the Mystery quilt is so well organised. I need to take a leaf out of your book. Love how it's looking and can't wait to see it finished. Gorgeous quilt for a little boy. He's going to grow up sporty for sure. Have fun stitching....xxx

Karen's Korner said...

You certainly had a very productive day.